WELCOME TO DANNIE'S PLACE AND ENJOY YOU'RE RECIPE HUNTING »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jerrod's Banana Rhubarb Pie

What a combination! I was searching long and hard for a rhubarb pie recipe... and I was surprised at the combinations! Especially this one. But I tried making it for my husband (he likes bananas, I don't) and he liked it pretty well. It's been awhile since I've made it. The bananas make it a pretty mushy pie, because rhubarb is pretty mushy when it's cooked.

You will need
  • 1/2 lb fresh rhubarb (3 cups sliced) You can also use frozen, I've been able to find frozen bags of rhubarb at my local grocery store. Amazing! I know! It's hard to find fresh.
  • 3 medium bananas (3 cups sliced)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbs butter
  • 1 9" unbaked double pie crust (you're on your own for a recipe there, I use frozen Pre-made crusts cause I stink at making them from scratch)

  1. Combine all ingredients except butter and crust. Spread into pie crust and dot with butter.
  2. Place the crust on top and back at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
  3. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 20 minutes or more until crust is brown
  4. Cool and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment